Travelling as a Life Goal




There are so many places that I want to see and goals I want to achieve in my lifetime. With the countless number of beautiful countries and sights in this world that I would truly love to see and cultures I'm yet to discover... It’s such a privilege to be able to share my thoughts and discuss something that's becoming more and more popular for people amongst my generation.

I love that everyone wants something different out of life and all of those things are what make each and every one of us unique. My personal goal is to be happy. Waking up in the morning and having a job that I love, a relaxed yet hard-working lifestyle surrounded by my family and friends to support me is what I strive for.

However, generally speaking, a huge goal of mine is to travel; I've always been captivated seeing completely different parts of this world. Visiting beautiful places already at the age of 18 and seeing some truly unforgettable countries so far... I always find myself wanting to stay longer and explore more- there’s just so much to see.

The only problem I have with travelling abroad is the initial anxiety of getting on that aeroplane. Nonetheless, it's definitely a fear that has subsided as I've got older due to doing it so much. Still petrified by the thought of being thousands of feet above the ground, I find comfort in knowing that the places I go to will be beautiful and I'll forget all about the flying when I'm there. For anyone who's scared of being in the air like me, try and take all necessary precautions to ensure you're as comfortable as can be on the flight- even if that means sleeping for the whole time!

To have the opportunity, being free to travel to the places we do in England is taken for granted immensely. There's so much time we have in our lives to see other countries around the world, so jumping at every chance is so important to me.

It sounds so appealing packing a couple of outfits, a film camera in my backpack and getting on a plane to experience the world around me. Being able to fly to a completely different country, get off the plane and walk. Walk for miles. Being crazy, taking chances and doing things I wouldn't necessarily do- stepping out of my comfort zone. Taking pictures of ingenious architecture, swimming in different oceans and staying in awful hostels meeting new people who share the same dream- to merely explore.

All the memories made from one trip could be a life changer, make you appreciate the world’s natural beauty. It would give you a brand new perspective on life and make you realise how lucky we all are. Travelling makes a true challenge, tests your independence but you will for sure come home with the greatest benefits, memories and life skills.

I can't wait to plan a spontaneous adventure with people I love. Finishing college, saving up money and planning my journey can't come quick enough!

I hope this post has been relatable to those who want to travel the world one day, here's to fellow dreamers and travel planners.

“In the end, we regret the chances that we didn’t take” -unknown

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts