Top Drugstore Lipstick Picks



Anyone who knows me personally is fully aware that I'm a self-confessed lipstick hoarder. 

Wherever I go and I see a new lipstick that sounds different, I just have to buy it. It's that simple. Lipstick completes your look and can change any day makeup to night makeup instantly. 

My favourite place to shop for new lipsticks is of course a drugstore (Superdrug or Boots). Where else can you find endless counters full of good quality (most of the time) lipstick for affordable prices? Trying out new shades, brands and formulas has become something that I'm completely obsessed with and now it's just normal to me. 

This post was originally going to have the title 'Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks' but I found difficultly in narrowing down 5, so I decided on 7. I use these products the most out of my lipstick collection and that's the reason why I'm recommending them to all of you. The products are also in no type of order. Enjoy!





From left to right:

1. Barry M Lip Gloss in the shade 11:
I don't usually wear lip gloss because a lot of the ones that I've owned in the past have been either sticky or unflattering for me. This one however, is completely different to the ones I've used. It's neither sticky nor unflattering- in fact, it's the opposite. In relation to it's colour, I would describe is as clear with a slight light pink tone to it. Mainly I wear this on top of any lipsticks that I want to be made more glossy and shiny. However, I have worn this a lot on its own and it makes your lips look super healthy and natural.
They don't actually sell this lip gloss anymore in stores but they do have a new lip gloss out which is very similar for only £4.49 which is about the same as what I paid for it. 


2. Sleek Makeup Matte Me Lip Gloss in the shade 'Birthday Suit':
I hadn't tried any of the Sleek Makeup products before buying this. As you're aware, liquid lipsticks are definitely really big at the moment and this is a favourite added to my growing collection. With the colour being a pretty muted pink, it's said to be a dupe for the Kylie Cosmetics lipstick in the colour 'Koko K'. It's a really nice formulation and it goes on really creamy then sets quickly to a matte finish. I would definitely recommend this to someone who's looking for a dupe as this is lovely and has great staying power. It's available for just £4.99.
Buy from Superdrug


3 and 4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shades Prague and Copenhagen:
I'm positive that you've all heard about these incredible creations by now and if not, seriously go and try them out! Everything about these products, I love. Thank you Boots for bringing a huge NYX counter to both of my local Boots stores...I'll be forever grateful. Anyway, these lipsticks are so pleasing to apply as they're so creamy and the applicator is one of my favourites that I've ever used. The colours are so pigmented and I always get asked whenever I'm wearing these, 'What lipstick are you wearing? Was it expensive? Where is it from?' They're both high quality, so inexpensive and in the UK they're just £5.50 and for the standard, it's truly amazing. Prague is a deep pink tone, perfect for both summer and winter and Copenhagen is a dark berry burgundy shade- perfect for winter and nights out. The lasting power of Copenhagen isn't as long as Prague however, when you reapply, it applies just as well as it does the first time meaning it's not patchy at all. 100% recommendation here.


5. Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in the shade Mauve Mania 342:
This one is quite an old favourite of mine. I've had it since early last year and it's still going strong! It's my go-to lipstick whenever I feel like my makeup look is quite plain and needs a pop of colour. It's the lipstick with the creamiest formulation out of all of the ones I own- it's almost feels like a balm on your lips. Whenever my lips are feeling dry, this lipstick really nourishes them and makes them look healthy. The colour is so pigmented and comes out a dark pink which sets really shiny. As I said, it's one of my go-to shades and I love this collection of lipsticks, there are so many different colours to choose from. Definitely go and check them out, they're only £6.99!
Buy from Superdrug


6 and 7. Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in the shades 03 and 08:
Kate Moss and lipsticks...isn't that just the perfect combination? Again, some of my go-to shades whenever I feel like my makeup needs something to make it stand out. I actually bought a collection of Kate's lipsticks from the Clothes Show in Birmingham with 4 different shades in them. I loved them that much that I went to Superdrug and bought some more! 03 is a nude shade again however it has peachy type undertones to it, making it the perfect summer shade and I like to wear this when I'm wearing hardly any makeup but have a glow to my face. 08, oh where do I start? If you know me personally, you'll know for sure that when I'm wearing a dark dusty pink shade that it's my Rimmel London 08- it's the best. You heard it here first. If you're after the perfect shade to go with a brown/taupe smoky eye, buy this. With the creamy formulation, it sets really nicely and makes your lips look really healthy. Another plus...it's only £5.49!
From bottom to top: Rimmel London 08, Barry M Lip Gloss, Maybelline Colour Sensational Mauve Mania, Rimmel London 03, Sleek Makeup Matte Me in Birthday Suit, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen 

"There's no such thing as having too many lipsticks" -Beauty High

Follow

Comments

Popular Posts