A Neutral Makeup Look









This is my 'go-to' makeup look whether I'm wanting to spend a long time on my makeup or just quickly pop some makeup on before I go out in the morning. 


I have blue eyes, so luckily a lot of different eye shadow suits my eye colour. My favourite colour eye shadows are definitely browns, taupes and golds, as you can make it work wherever you're going. All of the products mentioned are the main ones I used for a wedding I went to last week as I only had half an hour to get ready. Here they are!

1. Benefit's 'That Gal' primer:
I had only used the 'High Beam' highlighter from Benefit before but decided to try out their primer as I didn't use a primer prior to this. This product has made such a change in my makeup routine. It makes my skin so soft and bright; that's even before I put my foundation on.
Buy from Boots

2. Rimmel London's Mate Perfection Foundation (in the colour Ivory):
I've spoken about this product before on another blog that I write in (linked below). Everyone has that foundation that they go back to and mine is this one. It's light to medium coverage and a very fresh, natural finish. A foundation that doesn't go 'cakey' is so good for me. I've used a lot of foundations over the years, some expensive, some inexpensive but this one is my favourite.
Buy from Boots

3. Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Eye shadow Pallet: This pallet is incredible. I like to try and find drugstore dupes for more expensive products to see whether they're good quality. I would definitely recommend this as the eye shadows are really pigmented, they last a long time with the help of a setting spray and I love the colours of this pallet in particular. Of course this is very inexpensive which is a huge plus. The specific colour I used is the 6th until last brown colour all over my lid, then the 4th until last colour in my crease. The only downside is that these colours don't have numbers or names- there's an improvement Makeup Revolution!
Buy from Superdrug





4. Kiko's Colour Sphere Eye Shadow (in the colour 04 Golden Bronze Special):
I recently bought this eye shadow because I didn't own a really pigmented gold colour and I knew I wanted to use it for the wedding. It's a definite must-have if you're looking for something quite light and sparkly. I used it just before the inner corner of my eye in order to add a little shine to my eyes and to compliment the light brown from the Makeup Revolution pallet.
Buy from Kiko

5. Kiko's Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eye Shadow (in the colour 01 Pearly Vintage Rose): Invest in this eye shadow. I urge everyone who wants a beautiful light, shiny, brightening colour on their eyes for all over the lid, for the inner corner of your eyes or as a highlight for your brow bone, here's your dream product. Purchasing this was the best thing I did because it's such a beautiful colour and so versatile. It looks really lovely all over the lid, giving a nice, natural sheen if I'm not feeling like spending a long time on my makeup. The most common way I use this product is in the corner of my eyes to brighten them.
Buy from Kiko

6. Kiko's Smart Lip Pencil (in the colour 712 Rose Mauve):
I use this lip liner under all of my nude pink lipsticks as it makes them stay on for such a long time, giving them a really nice base. I love how I can use this product on its own to create a beautiful, matte finish. It's such a flattering colour, it's so simple to apply and I adore nude shades at the moment.
Buy from Kiko


Left to Right: Smart Lip Pencil, Cream Crush Eye Shadow, Sphere Eye Shadow 


7. NYX Liquid Lipstick from the Lingerie (in the colour 02):
This is my most recent purchase. I had heard a lot about this lipstick and I now know why! I prefer this product to the normal 'Soft Matte Lip Cream' from NYX as it's much easier to apply, lasts longer and looks more flattering on my lips. The whole collection is really beautiful browns and nudes at the moment which I love, but hopefully they'll bring out more colours with the same formula because I'll have a lot more of these liquid lipsticks.


8. Collection's Blusher (in the colour 4 Trouble):
I used to use Max Factor's blusher but I wanted to see if I could find an alternative that was a bit more of a rose pink colour. This was in Boots and wasn't expensive at all so I decided to give it a go. It's a really pretty, flattering pink colour that's brightening and pigmented.
Buy from Superdrug

9. NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray:Having a setting spray really does complete any makeup look. This review is also on the other blog that I write for so do go and check that out, it's linked below.


To go and have a little read of my blog post on 'ALatteofCoffee' called 'Top 5 Drugstore Beauty Picks' Click Here. I will be posting once a week on both this blog and that one. There are a variety of topics including baking, makeup, travel, lifestyle, television and advice so do give it a read, we'd really appreciate it.


There are all the products that I chose to write about in this post. Give them all a go if you have the chance, they're definitely worth tying out. Thanks so much for reading.

Have you got any beauty products that you always go back to? Have you got any products that you would recommend? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter or Instagram, I'd love to know!

"Home is where your makeup stash is"- Unknown

Follow

Comments

Popular Posts