Pumpkin Picking

It's autumn. The roads are covered with orange crunchy leaves and the trees are starting to change colour. It's so many people's favourite time of year as it's the official start to darker nights, colder mornings and cosy days with blankets and hot chocolate. Let it commence! 

One thing I love to do in the autumn is go out for walks because the scenery is so picturesque. I've found that the more I've had to do with photography, the more I really appreciate the real changes we see in the UK with our seasons and I love picturing it.

This year I decided to do something a little different and go pumpkin picking. Being a true lover of Halloween and all of the festivities that come with it, it's surprising that I haven't actually done this before. So 2016 I finally went to see what all of the fuss was about. 

So me and my boyfriend searched for local pumpkin farms and we really were spoilt for choice! There were so many around us that I never even knew existed. We picked one and headed off. 

Where we visited was run by such friendly friendly people who really went above and beyond to fill the farm with Halloween decorations and of course... there were hundreds of pumpkins!

Red, green, white, cream, big and small- Pumpkins the size of prize winning squashes. There was so much variety and I spent a very long time walking up and down the farm trying to pick out my "perfect pumpkin". 






I did in fact find the perfect pumpkin for carving. I may have also picked out a few more smaller pumpkins for my nephew and myself for some Halloween decoration around my bedroom. 

Autumn is by far my favourite month and although I'm not the biggest fan of the cold, I absolutely love getting cosy with blankets, wearing big coats, layering up and having the best time out with the people that I love.

If you have the chance to go and pick your own pumpkin, I recommend you doing so. It's a lovely morning/afternoon out...even if you don't have little ones in the family, it's always fun to be engrossed in the time of year. It makes the different times of year so enjoyable.

Happy Halloween and a very Happy Autumn to you all. 

Don't forget to comment/tweet your favourite things about Autumn, I'd love to see!

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers"- Unknown


Comments

Popular Posts