A Trip to Wales





So, I was pleasantly surprised a few months ago by my boyfriend who planned a trip to Wales for a short weekend. I'd always wanted to go as everyone I'd talked to who had been there really loved it and said how much of a beautiful country it is. Whether Oliver knew how much I wanted to go, I have no idea. However that's where he took me. I thought I'd write this post because where we went is a part of the UK that I want to share with you all- it's truly incredible.

Getting up super early on Valentine's Day morning proved to be very difficult for me as all of my things had to be ready with bags packed. Nevertheless, I did it. I think we set off at around 06:00-06:30am. It took about 3 hours to get there from Birmingham and we drove a really scenic route through countless pretty villages down long country roads.

We stayed in Portmeirion. Anyone who has been there will know for certain that it's a quirky and unique little village. There's only one hotel which is situated opposite the estuary-this is where we stayed.

When we arrived, the room wasn't ready for a few hours so we had the pleasure of taking a lovely walk around the village. This is where we stopped off in a tea room and had tea and scones (how English of us?). Taking in the surroundings was probably one of my favourite parts of this trip because taking my film camera proved to be very convenient; taking pictures of the scenery appealed to me the most. Oliver chose quite possibly one of the most photogenic, beautiful places to stay as there was so much character to the village that I just loved to photograph.

About the hotel itself: If I were to design a hotel room exactly how I would want it including furniture, colour schemes and overall design... it would look identical to the room that we stayed in. It was very minimalist. The colour scheme included whites, creams and pale blues, the furniture was really vintage looking with dark wooden tables and a white wooden wardrobe and the wallpaper was cream with small pale blue sketch-like patterns of Japanese temples on. Perfect.

With every room telling a different story, the whole place should be prided on the fact that everything makes you feel so at home- the staff, the room, the surroundings. 

We not only visited Portmeirion, we spent an afternoon in Porthmadog (which should have been a 15/20 minute drive but we got lost finding the beach... thanks Google Maps) where we walked round the harbour, the town and then spent the evening watching the sunset on the beach and taking tons of pictures.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away from all the stress and rush of being in their own surroundings, for anyone who's looking for a relaxing short break or just simply wants to visit a worthwhile place with picturesque scenery.

"Sometimes a break from your routine is the very thing you need" -unknown

Comments

  1. Hey Hun just read your post it's so cute your boyfriend would do that for you your pics look amazing I've always wanted to travel and looking at this post makes me want to go to wales good post babe.
    x fatty https://twofacedx.wordpress.com/ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You should most definitely visit, it's a beautiful place. You have a great blog, I love the post recent post. Eid Mubarak xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts