A Trip to Cornwall






So, my boyfriend being the athletic kind was taking part in a Coastathalon in Cornwall (south of England by the sea). I'd been to Cornwall when I was younger but my memories were quite faded, I can't remember too much about going there.

We woke up at 3:30am to be out of the house for 4am and the drive took us 4 hours (long... I know) but it didn't seem too long of a journey as I slept most of the way...we were there before I knew it!


The Coastathalon took place in the quaint little seaside town of St Agnes, somewhere I hadn't been before. It was a beautiful little cove with lovely spots where I could tell would get me some really picturesque instant prints.


After Oliver had finished, I suggested walking up some of the hills and taking our cameras to capture some of the moments and we did. With me I had my Minolta Film Camera which I absolutely adore and a new addition to my collection: The Fujifilm Instax 210.


Buying this was a spontaneous decision as Oliver mentioned that he thought I'd really love the fact that it's different looking and takes the Fujifilm Wide film instead of the mini. As I've mentioned before, I do own a Polaroid camera which takes the Impossible Project film. Getting something different appealed to me a lot therefore, I bought it.


Oliver and I ventured up some of the steep hills and they led to some incredible scenery. Standing on a rock looking out to just see the blue of the ocean all around you was so beautiful. Having the views that I did right in front of me was so unexpected. There's something special about exploration and finding new places that's calming and relaxing. It's that that makes having photography as a hobby so rewarding.


My cameras came out pretty much straight away and I started imagining different pictures I could take that would get both Oliver and the scenery in. I ended up with some gorgeous shots, I really did. I haven't got my film developed just yet as I need to fill up the rest of the film but my Instax was pure gold.


St Agnes was a lovely place and I enjoyed every minute of my time spent there. If you're looking for a small town where there's not much going on, where you can relax, take pictures, eat in small family cafes and you're around the Cornwall area, go and visit St Agnes.


As much as I love living in a city where shops are just around the corner and everything I could ever possibly need is within a 15 minute drive, it's so nice to get away from it all and have a day by the seaside. The weather was really lovely too which is a big plus considering I live in England!


Go and give it a visit.


"My favourite thing to do is to go to where I've never been"- Diane Arbus 

Comments

Popular Posts