How I got Benefit Cosmetics Freebies and Review


Everyone's raving about the new Benefit eyebrow products and now I know why! 

I was out shopping a few days ago in a normal food store, glanced over at the magazine section and saw that Glamour and Marie Claire Magazine were including the Benefit products as their freebie. I grabbed a copy of each and bought them because it was incredible value. The products were of course smaller versions of the ones available from Benefit Cosmetics however, they were bigger than I expected.

Marie Claire included Gimme Brow and the magazine was only £2! They're only including one of two shades (the lightest or the darkest) so as I'm dark haired, I chose the darker shade. Glamour were offering "Ready Set Brow", the setting gel, and that was £3.99. Both were amazing value for money and I tested them straight away. 

Benefit never fail to please us with the packaging and as you can see, the actual box they come in is quite vintage looking with pale pinks and blues which I love. The products themselves are beautifully designed and they're silver with bold pink writing-just beautiful!



How did I find using the products?


As expected, the darkest shade of Gimme Brow was a little too dark for my eyebrows but it definitely hasn't stopped me from using it as it's probably one of my favourite brow products. I usually use Barry M's eyebrow kit which includes a wax, powder and highlighter whereas Gimme Brow is just a gel that you apply with a tiny mascara-like brush.

Gimme Brow applied really really well and you don't need a lot of product to see a difference in your brows. It makes them look naturally thicker and gives them a lot more definition. Now I can see why everyone is so excited over it! Brushing through my brow a couple of times, dipping the brush into the product just once covered one brow, then I did the same for the other. 

I then used Ready Set Brow to set them. This is a transparent gel which also is applied using a thinner mascara-type brush. There are two types of bristle on this brush, one side has longer, more spaced out bristles and the other has smaller ones that are closer together. I thought this was clever as it suits everyone's brows. Again, I only dipped it into the product once and it covered both of my eyebrows. 

When l's finished and let the gel set, it left my eyebrows looking naturally thicker with a darker tone.

As for lasting power, this lasted all day and it's also waterproof therefore, you don't need to worry about the product coming off if you're going somewhere like swimming or if it's raining.

I absolutely love these products and I shall definitely be purchasing the full size from Benefit as soon as I run out of these magazine freebies! 

Get yourself down to a supermarket or drugstore and try out these products for yourselves-you won't regret it! For £2 and £3.99, you can't go wrong...plus the magazines are a great read. 

"You must never underestimate the power of the eyebrow"- Anonymous 


Comments

Popular Posts