Sleek's Solstice Highlighting Palette Review









Another makeup review and today's is going to be on one of my favourite products that I've purchased recently. 

No doubt all of you reading this have either heard of this palette or even own it yourselves. So, this post is, let's say a 'summary' of the product itself and me telling you why you should buy it.

I bought this for £9.99 from Boots and as you all know, drugstores in the UK almost always have deals on such as 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price for certain brands so you can save quite a bit of money on top of this buy. Saying that, the palette is super cheap for what you get. 

The packaging is really simple and pretty. When you open the box itself, the palette is shiny gold with 'Sleek' written on the front. Upon opening the product, prepare yourself to see the prettiest colours of all time. They're all named colours and on the back of the box it comes in, there are some helpful instructions of which highlighter to use where on your face. However, you obviously don't have to stick to these suggestions as you can use whatever colours you want but I did find this feature helpful to get the most out of my palette. 

There's one cream champagne gold colour, perfect for highlighting your brow bone. A sparkly lilac colour with a white vein-type pattern running through it which is perfect for your cheek bones. Third is a cream colour with yellow/gold undertones for your nose and lastly, an orange colour with the white vein effect running through it and Sleek recommend this for your cupid's bow. 

Swatching these colours for the first time left me both pleasantly surprised and excited because I couldn't wait to test them out. 

To apply these highlighters, you can use either your finger or a brush. Typically, I use a fan brush as I feel I can get the most even amount of product on my face this way. However, sometimes if I want more on when I go out on the night time or I fancy challenging myself to look like a unicorn, I'll use my finger as it adds more product to the face. 

As you can probably tell, I absolutely love this palette and I really enjoy using it. It looks gorgeous amongst my other makeup, it applies lovely, lasts a long time (with a good setting spray) and gives a beautiful, flattering finish. 

Do take note though, you only need a little amount of the product for it to work. I made the mistake of using so much when I first applied it and ended up looking like a human disco ball (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I didn't fancy it for work). 

Do go and check this product out if you haven't already, I promise you you will not be disappointed. Four lovely shades for £9.99, where can you go wrong? Go and see what the hype is all about and try it for yourself. 

Have any of you guys got a holy grail highlighter product? If so, let me know which one you love in the comments. 

"May your highlight be strobing"- Benefit Cosmetics

Comments

  1. These shades look so beautiful, what a stunning palette! They all have such good colour payoff too, I've got to get myself to Boots and find one! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for reading! Definitely be sure to check it out because I've had this for just over a month now, used it every single day and it looks like I haven't used it at all. It's so worth the money:-) xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts