I Went University Shopping...



So I finally decided to go out and start ticking things off my "Things I Need for University" list. 

I'm going to study at university in exactly 15 weeks tomorrow and I made the decision to choose a university away from home. I'm studying in Liverpool therefore, I'm staying in university halls which means I'll have to purchase a lot of things that I'll need for my new flat, kitchen, bathroom etc.

Applying for university means a lot of things and one of those things is to make the decision whether or not you want to stay at home or move away. Obviously living at home is great if you want to save money and study to be conveniently however, I chose to move away because it excites me. I want the independence of living away from home, meeting new people and having to do a lot of things for myself.

Already having done a little bit of university shopping for my room and kitchen, I decided to make an extensive list of EVERYTHING I could possibly need for my new life in Liverpool. I really recommend doing this as early as you can because you'll be thinking through what's necessary for uni without feeling nervous about leaving home and forgetting things. By doing this, you don't have to do one whole university shop just before you go, you can do small shops and tick things off your list- a lot less stressful.

I decided to go to a few different shops and even though I've got more to purchase, here are some of my favourite buys so far:

Notebooks

I absolutely love them. They're from one of my favourite stores and they always stock such lovely stationary for good prices. Palm tree leaf designs are very in at the moment on both clothes and homeware, especially with gold features. I won't be using these for studying as I prefer the A4 sized ones with dividers but these were too pretty not to buy. I'll probably be using them for planning future posts, general notes and trips home etc. 

Prices: The larger green notebook was £4.99 and the smaller one was £3.99.

Where can I buy this item/items? Unfortunately, Homesense haven't got a website to purchase from however, you can find your nearest store here



Hangers and 'over the door' hooks

Bit of a boring one but definitely a necessity when moving away... hangers and door hooks! University accommodation is not known for being the biggest of spaces therefore, storage is super important. I bought a couple of 'over the door' hooks and hangers for my clothes/bags. Copper is also very 'in' at the moment so of course I wanted some of that incorporated into my bedroom.

Prices: For 2 door hooks it cost £2.50 and for a pack of 5 hangers it cost £3.00.

Where can I buy this item/items? Primark. Unfortunately, this store also haven't got an online website where you can purchase items but you can find your nearest store here.


Bathroom Set

I felt like such an adult today buying these items that I've never even had to think about until now. Of course I needed a little set for my bathroom as little touches like this I know will make it more homely for me. Coming across this item, I really liked the font (such a blogger thing to say). It almost looks vintage and I'm all for the vintage looking items. Behind this set is a little wooden basket which will look really nice in my bathroom and I'm sure I'll find something to put in there. 

Prices: For the 3 piece bathroom set, it was £4.99 (Bargain). For the white wooden basket I think it was £5.00.

Where can I buy this item/items? The bathroom set was from B&M bargains, find your local store here. The wooden basket was from Primark, find your local store here.

I went to a couple of stores looking for a matching bathroom set/bathroom accessories and just to note, there are some really nice, inexpensive ones in Wilko, Asda (George Home) and Tesco Home


Copper Cutlery Set (16 pieces)

Looking for a copper cutlery set for ages and not being able to find an affordable one was becoming the bane of my life. Somehow I've grown to be a very picky 19 year old, loving the copper sets so much more than the silver ones- not that it makes any difference whatsoever. I was in B&M and stumbled upon this one, picked it up straight away and bought it. It's a 16 piece set so it's way too many for me but for the price I was so pleased. I love the little heart on the bottom too. 

Prices: £9.99. Yes, I know, SO AMAZING!

Where can I buy this item/items? B&M Bargains, the place to be for affordable uni shopping before you're there and whilst you're there.



Black and Copper Wire Notice-Type Board

I've seen a lot of these featured on my pinterest and I was looking at different ways on how I could make one myself. Admittedly, I'm not the best at DIY and whilst walking through Primark, I noticed this and it was exactly what I was after. It's a black wooden frame with copper metal and it's perfect to clip pictures onto it (pegs included). I thought it would be really nice to have this in my room with some of my favourite Instax pictures on. Of course you could clip lots of different things on here but I think it's really effective to put pictures on. 

Prices: This board including pegs was £6.00. 

Where can I buy this item/items? Primark, the home of little gems...



Days of the Week Chalk Board

Chalk boards for some reason please my eyes. For someone that loves writing in chalk, this is a very satisfying purchase.
When I'm a student, I know I'm going to have deadlines, plans and I'll need to remind myself of things so having a rough plan of what needs doing during the week will benefit me entirely. I love that this can go against my desk wall or be hung up as it has a little string with hooks attached at the top.

Prices: This was £2.99 including chalk... such a bargain, right?

Where can I buy this item/items? B&M Bargains


15 weeks will go by so quickly therefore, I know to be prepared with all of the items I need to tick off my list. I've done 2 full university shops at the moment but I still have quite a lot to buy. The main things have been bought so it's really just finishing touches I need to make my room my own. The items mentioned were items that will make my room exactly how I want it and as I'm going to be away from home, it needs to be made as comfortable as possible.

For any of you reading who are going to university, I wish you the best of luck with your shopping and of course...your studies.
Thank you very much for reading.


"What I learned at university is how little I know"- Malcolm Watts

Comments

Popular Posts